PDF is a versatile document format which is widely used to illustrate packing slip tracking numbers, present scanned reading material and in a lot of other avenues. However, MAC users require special applications to view and edit the PDF documents. Below we have listed 8 of the best PDF editors which can be availed by MAC users completely free of cost.
This easy-to-use PDF editor stands out with its impeccable performance, fully-featured modules as well as flexible pricing. You can exercise complete control over the PDF content and enjoy unlimited transformation possibilities with this free of cost editor. Even beginners can benefit out of PDFelement courtesy its fully-optimized UX designs and simple navigation.
- Fonts can be adjusted without making any changes to the original document.
- Provides unlimited converting possibilities to image files, HTML, Microsoft docs and many more.
- Easy to use text editor can fix offline documents without making changes to original formatting.
- Users can benefit out of 56-bit AES encryption for password protecting their sensitive documents.
This carefully styled PDF editor features an easy to use interface and can keep your back at all times. You can merge multiple documents to create a unique one or even split it into smaller portions to create a poster. Individual pages can be resized easily to fit your specific needs. It features a multitude of ways to scan PDF files directly from your scanner to Nomad program, it can be able to extract text contents by performing OCR on your document, PDF Normad can be said a best PDF editor for mac as it works blindingly fast and generate the recognized text. It only take seconds to process the document with thousands of pages.
- Allows resizing of the entire document to various page sizes using just a single command.
- Individual pages can be exported in PNG or JPG format for greater versatility.
- Offers the flexibility of creating audio files from text files.
- Pages can be split to halves for printing multiple pages which can be assembled into posters.
PDF Buddy maybe not a well-known a software but it still be recommended in our list of the best free PDF editors for Mac. You can make use of this online platform to edit your PDF files in an extremely easy manner. The fact that this online tool can keep your computer clutter-free while riding high in terms of efficiency makes it a top choice of modern day millennials. As a online platform, then you don’t need to download and install it on your computer, and can be easily open in any operating system and browsers. It allows you to edit your PDF files easily like you edit in a word document, it supports to add or edit headers, footers, reform images, tables and more other useful functions.
- Makes use of AES-256 bit encryption and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to keep your files protected at all times.
- Versatile tool which can be used in your Chromebook, Mac or PC.
- Free version allows users to edit 3 PDF’s each month.
- Offers clear instructions which helps in getting the task completed easily.
PDFescape provides two options to open and edit your PDF files, free online version and offline Premium version. PDFescape online version is anther best free PDF editor for Mac tool that we should be in our list. It also provide various features like reading, editing, creation, merging, printing, form filling, annotation and password protection of PDF files. This online tool can serve as a handy option if you wish to edit your PDF documents without installing a whole new software which might eat away your CPU storage space. However, PDFescape online version also has many limitations, such as editing features, restrictions from network, security issue and more. So, if you have enough budget, then you should consider to buy the Ultimate version.
- You can add individual files or folders for editing PDF’s in a convenient manner.
- Multiple PDF files can be merged to form a single document easily.
- Its premium version allows splitting of a PDF especially when you wish to extract certain pages.
Preview is built-in PDF editor program in Mac OS X that is called the best and easiest PDF editor and image viewer on Mac computer, it gives you ability to add text and comments to PDFs, sign documents, highlight text, annotate, combine your PDF documents. It can do a lot of editing work on PDF which can meet your basic demands. When you import your PDF file, it will automatically detect the font, size, and opacity of the original text, then you can make any changes. Modifying PDF files become a cake walk with this multi-faceted tool which brings in a plethora of applications to the table.
- Comprehensive search tool makes it easy to both search for and within documents.
- Font style, size and opacity gets detected automatically for replacing text and signing documents digitally.
- Split, merge and rotate PDF files.
- Annotate with highlight, underline, rectangle, oval, line, etc.
- Order of pages can be viewed and adjusted easily from the page layout screen.
This comprehensive PDF solution can cater to both personal and commercial users with its extensive set of features. The first thing which is bound to delight you about Foxit Reader is its seamless interface which can fasten up its adoption as well as implementation process. Users can edit, create, share, organize, secure, scan, export and sign PDF files using this versatile PDF editor for Mac.
- PDFs can be converted to multiple formats like Word, Excel etc. and vice versa.
- Features multiple language support for catering to a wider set of audience.
- Allows digital signature of PDFs over the web.
- Provides support to 41 different languages.
Acrobat Reader For Mac
Adobe Reader for Mac is a popular,fast and intuitive PDF viewer tool for Mac computers, it works like a file converter or PDF editor. And does a simple PDF editing job. It allows you to view, edit, print, annotate files for free. You can view, print as well as annotate PDF files using this versatile PDF editor which can be availed absolutely for free. Once you have registered with Adobe, you can make use of its cloud-based software applications in terms of both document exchange and conversion.
- Adobe Scan feature helps in quickly scanning documents for turning them into PDFs.
- PDF files can be converted by a single click to Word documents.
- Pages can be merged, extracted and replaced using a simple drag and drop mechanism.
- File size can be reduced or increased as per preference.
We hope you were benefitted by our todays post. If you have some other free PDF editors for Mac in mind which deserve a spot on our list, then don’t forget to let us know in the comments section below.