PDF is a portable document format file that developed by Adobe system, which are commonly used to distribute read-only PDF content. As a commercial document tool, document security technology is one of the major technologies supporting in Adobe PDF. There are current two password types can be applied to a PDF file: open password and permission password. Open password is used to open and access a document and permission password is used to prevent someone from printing the PDF, editing, modifying, copying and other things.
So you may come across a PDF document that is password protected at some point. What should you do? It can be pretty frustrating to get locked out of your PDF document, because this it will be difficult while trying to access any information in emergency. Fortunately, there are many PDF password remover tool out there claiming that it can remove protection from PDF files, some will be free and other will cost money. Today, we will have a full review for top 8 PDF password remover tool and make reasonable recommendations for you!
PassCue for PDF
This PDF password remover tool comes with three configurable attack modes of Dictionary Attack, Brute-Force Attack and Bruce-Force with Mask Attack. This program not only allow you to recover lost original open password from PDF file but also remove the restrictions from your so that you can proceed with hassle free copying, printing and editing. It is compatible with both Mac and Windows systems where you can remove the passwords of PDF having either 128 or 250-bit AES encryption.
- Multi-core CPU could improve the performance in terms of recovery speed.
- GPU acceleration makes it fast to crack passwords at 30 times greater speed.
- Supports batch processing of PDF files.
- The log file gets saved every five minutes to help users access the last search history easily.
This browser-based PDF password remover can help you decrypt password protected files if it is not backed by a strong encryption. All the files uploaded for decryption are transmitted through a secure connection which can help you protect sensitive information. The files get automatically deleted within an hour after processing.
- Compatible with Linux, Mac and Windows.
- Simple password removal mechanism makes it ideal for people of all experience levels.
- Files get processed in the cloud so that you can avail this functionality without having to download any separate software in your system.
- Credentials taken from users are also not stored in the system.
PDFCrack is Open Source program that for recovering passwords from PDF files. It’s very small and only works at the command line without external dependencies. This command-based utility can help you tackle Acrobat PDF files which are protected with 128-bit and 40-bit RC4 encryption supported by Acrobat reader 3.0 or above respectively. It can also help you remove existing password protection of both single as well as batch documents. If used correctly, the permission password can be easily removed without touching internal content.
- Supports removing both owner passwords and open password.
- Both wordlists and bruteforcing the password is supported
- Save/Load a running job
The iSeePassword Dr.PDF has been specially designed in such a manner that it can help you decrypt PDF files which has been protected by a password. It helps in removing all types of restriction pertaining to editing, printing and copying and crakc the open password from PDF file without touching the original content. This password remover tool stands out from its peers with a simple interface which can cater to both amateurs and professionals equally well.
- Supports batch decryption of files to help you save both time and effort.
- Fully support multi-core CPU processing and GPU acceleration. 10X faster.
- Can remove both owner and user password.
- Standalone software can function without the requirement of Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Supports 40 and 128-bit RC4 as well as 128 and 256-bit AES decryption.
- Support Windows and Mac.
GuaPDF is small yet great password remover/recovery tool that it guarantees the decryption of an encrypted PDF document. For Open password, it doesn’t reset the password, instead it can recover the original open password without upsetting the content. Users can guess passwords by plugging in their dictionary and specifying the intended length of the password along with the type of characters making up the same. GuaPDF is easy to use and doesn’t need to install. But it only support to recover passwords for 40-bit encrypted passwords.
Weeny Free PDF Password Remover
This free PDF password remover is free offline tool for removing user and open password from PDF document, and make your PDF free to edit, print, copy and modify. This free PDF password remover is available for Windows and MAC, it makes PDF password cracking a seamless affair. It is ideal for people who are trying to batch decrypt multiple PDFs at once as it helps in processing a 500-page PDF in 1 minute.
- Batch decryption mode allows users to upload 200 files simultaneously.
- Supports multiple language to open up greater possibilities for users.
- Can remove all sorts of restrictions pertaining to printing, copying and editing PDFs.
- Easy to use tool which supports PDF 1.0-1.7 format having 128-bit RC4 decryption.
PDFcrypt is a very flexible program that works in command line mode, it allows you do lots of job including encrypt a PDF (40 bits and 128 bits), add user and owner password, set permissions and more. It’s totally free and doesn’t need to install Adobe Acrobat software. With it, you will be able to instantly remove all restrictions from PDF files like printing and editing without damaging internal content. This command-based utility may be not comfortable for those who like the graphical user interface, but don’t worry, it provides a detailed help file which guides you how to use it.
These tried and tested tools can have your back if you are having problems in accessing or editing your PDFs. So, try them out today and we would like to know which one you liked the most.