Are you searching for software to recover iTunes backup password? This is tough as there are a few options out there and some of them do not support iOS or later. However, you don’t need to worry about it anymore since you are in the right place. In this post, we’ll share the best 3 options for iTunes backup password recovery.
As we know, the backup encryption is a great feature in iTunes that allows iOS users to secure their backups. To open those encrypted backups, they require a password to do so. Thus, in case you forget this encryption password, accessing backups is impossible. Luckily, there are still iTunes backup password recovery tools, which can help you get back lost password for iTunes backup file. With the appearance of such tools, it is hard to choose which one is the most effective. So, this post will help you find out the one that works for you.
#1 iSeepassword iTunes Password Recovery
The first software we’d like to introduce to you is iSeePassword iTunes Password Recovery. This tool is very effective in recovering the forgotten iTunes backup password due to the advanced recovery engine. You can consider using the tool to crack the encryption password. For a technical explanation, the tool makes use of the best things in cryptanalysis so that it can decrypt cryptographic hashes.
Aside from that, Brute-Force with Mask Attack is a great element to make the process to decrypt the password of an iTunes backup faster and safer. When you opt to use iSeepassword Recovery software, you will realize that this tool is much more impressive than other ones, largely due to the simplified user interface.
- Brute-Force Attack. Combine all possible characters in a specified range. Thus, if the password is short, this option can recover it immediately.
- Mask Attack. Remember the backup password partially, set a mark for the characters you do not remember and this option will shorten the time for finding out the password over brute-force attack option.
- Simple interface that is not hard for beginners.
- Support both Windows and macOS.
- 90% success rate on recovering iTunes backup password.
- Fast recovery speed, multi-core CPU and GPU support.
- Dictionary attack is not supported.
- Free version can only recover password less than 3 characters.
#2 Daossoft iTunes Password Rescuer
Another great tool to recover the password of recovering iTunes encryption backup is Daossoft iTunes Password Rescuer. With this tool, unlocking iTunes backup password becomes easier and all your data can be restored just in a few minutes.
Unlike iSeepassword Password Recovery software, this tool has up to four types of powerful attack, including Brute-Force Attack, Mask Attack, Smart Attack, and Dictionary Attack.
- Smart Attack. Try to combine all possible characters, even including specific characters.
- Dictionary Attack. If you opt for this option, it will try to break the password from the built-in dictionary file to get the backup password back.
- 4 types of password recovery engines.
- All settings in a single Windows.
- Recovery speed is slow for iOS 10 and later files.
- No Mac version available.
- The fee is a little higher than other software.
#3 iMyFone KeyGenius
iMyFone is a well-know for iOS users, which developed a few amazing tools for iOS devices. However, it is a new challenger in password recovery niche. If you are looking for a powerful software to get back iTunes backup password, it is a cool solution that you can not skip.
With the latest and advanced algorithms, recovering iTunes backup password becomes highly possible in 2019. The team has updated the tool with the newest 2019 technology, including three decoding modes insides. With the new features of KeyGenius, recovering iPhone backup password will have a higher success rate.
- No damage to backup file during the decoding process.
- Three powerful attack types to decrypt iTunes backup password.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface.
- Support Windows and MacOS.
- Free version is limited to many features.
- The time to recover iTunes backup password is not too fast.
- Full version price is quite high.
The Common Steps to Recover iTunes Backup Password
Step 1: Install and open one of the iTunes backup password recovery tool recommended in above sections.
Step 2: Add encrypted iTunes backup file to the program. If the backup file is in default location, they will be imported automatically. If not, you need to add the backup file to the program manually.
Step 3: Select a preferred unlocking method and make proper settings like password length, character types, etc.
Step 4: Wait for the password to be recovered. Once it is done successfully, you will see the password displayed on screen.
Recovering iTunes backup password is now much easier, thanks to a number of great iTunes backup password unlocking tool. They have unique attack types and advanced features to bring your forgotten iTunes backup password back. Three software mentioned above are the highly recommended choices. They are widely used by many iOS users and are trusted by a lot of websites with their user-friendly interface, a high success rate on password recovery.