Ophcrack is the finest Windows password cracking tool and one of the first Windows password recovery tool available. It is quick and reliable enough to recover forgotten Windows password even if you are cracking the Windows password for the first time. Ophcrack provides two different types of attacks including brute-force and dictionary attack which can recover any password shorter than 5 characters. Honestly speaking, the speed of password recovery is outstanding which puts this program off the chart. However, it does require some preparation to recover your computer password. Let’s review Ophcrack and see how it works!
Part 1. Full Ophcrack Review and How to Use Ophcrack
- Free software. Available everyone online.
- LiveCD technique is used to recover the computer password automatically.
- No need to install any software at all.
- Acknowledgement of current password is not required.
- Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8.
- Many antiviruses show this program as Trojan but that’s totally a false alarm.
- Must download the ISO image file.
- The ISO image file must be burned on a USB drive or CD/DVD.
- Cannot crack passwords longer than 5 alphabets.
- Doesn’t work with Windows 10 and not support UEFI-based computer.
How to Use Ophcrack –
Below is the step by step guide on how to use Ophcrack and must be followed exactly like we mention to get maximum success results –
- Step 1. Visit the Ophcrack website and download the ISO image file.
- Step 2. Burn the ISO image file into a CD/DVD or flash drive with the help of a free ISO burner.
- Step 3. Insert the flash drive in the computer that you can’t access and reboot it.
- Step 4. The Ophcrack program should load automatically because the disc created is bootable meaning an operating system is contained in it and the program should run on the computer automatically.
- Step 5. You will be give 4 options when the Ophcrack software is launched. Choose “Ophcrack Graphic mode – automatic” and press the Enter key.
- Step 6. Now, Ophcrack should start executing the tool automatically and you should see the following screen – (just leave the computer as it is and move on to the next step)
- Step 7. Ophcrack will now start independently and password recovering process will start automatically. After the password is recovered, you may write it down on a piece of sheet or somewhere so that you can easily remember it.
Then restart the computer and input the recovered password to enter into your PC.
Now, if the same problem occurs in Windows 10 or if your password is more than 5 characters then there’s no way you can rely on Ophcrack. But never fear as we are going to introduce an amazing alternative in the part 2.
Part 2. PassFolk SaverWin – The Best Alternative to Ophcrack
PassFolk SaverWin is a premium Windows password recovery program that sees no limitations when it comes to cracking computer password. Password more than 5 characters? Forgot password of latest Windows 10 SP1? Password has special characters? Don’t remember previous password? NO PROBLEM! SaverWin can diminish any kind of password from computer and make you able to access it without reinstalling system at all. It directly detect the SAM file which stored all account information in your system, then remove the SAM content. Once the SAM was removed, the password also will be erased.
- Compatible all Windows versions including newest Windows 10.
- Two ways to make reset disk: USB drive and DVD/CD
- Easy and attractive user interface.
- Scan and check all administrator users linked to computer.
- Crack local, Microsoft, Domain and root users.
- Support UEFI-based computer.
How to use WinGeeker?
Step 1. Download and Install the SaverWin on an accessible computer normally.
Step 2. Insert a 1 GB USB drive then click on “Burn USB” to burn the ISO image file and make a password reset disk.
Step 3. Go to the main computer and reboot it with the SaverWin program. (You just have to insert the flash drive and the computer will launch the program automatically.) Then set the USB as the first boot order in the BIOS.
Step 4. Choose the desired user administrator username from the available list and press the “Reset Password”option.
The computer must be unlocked instantly and you should be able to access the computer now!
You are not done yet! To make sure these situations never happens again, go ahead and create a password reset disk now so that you can reset the Windows password again when you forget it. Moreover, you can save the password in your email account so that you can access it whenever you want. But even if that happens again, you can follow the guidelines shared in this article to reset the computer password.