What if you are in the middle of an emergency and you urgently need to open up your computer, but suddenly you seem to forget your Windows 8/8.1 password? Well this is much more drastic than it actually sounds to be. Just imagine, how all your confidential work, and their details are stored in your computer and you are completely unable to access any of it. It will be total disaster if your computer dependency is to a greater extent.
But don’t worry; there are certain rat holes which can give you real turns to turn your way out. Here in this article we would be dealing with the system containing Windows 8 OS and the procedures to access those systems if their respective passwords are forgotten.
Method #1: Use Super Administrator Account to Reset Windows 8/8.1 Password
Super Administrator Account is that special hidden account which is created simultaneously to your usual admin account while installing your OS for the very first time. Though it remains hidden to most of the users but once known can be activated and utilized to access the account. Here we would use it to enter the system and then reset the password of the locked user account. Follow the manual steps instruction to carry out your goal:
- Step 1. Turn on your computer and wait a little bit until the lock screen appears.
- Step 2. Press “Shift” key 4 times continually when the lock screen appears to enable the Super admin account to appear.
- Step 3. Next; login to your super admin account immediately as it does not require any password.
- Step 4. Right click on the “My computer” icon form the desktop and choose “Manage” option from the context menu.
- Step 5. Now go to “Local Users and Groups” and then “Users” on the left hand side panel.
- Step 6. Right click on the locked username account and then choose “set Password” option from the drop down menu.
- Step 7. Input your new password two times and then save the changes. Reboot your computer and intercept the newly created password to access your locked account.
- If the super admin account is not previously activated in your system, this method will not work at all.
- The super admin account in your computer must have the admin rights to carry out all the necessary changes.
Method #2: Reset Windows 8/8.1 Password using SaverWin(Free)
PassFolk SaverWin (Free) is very well renowned software for allowing easier access to your locked windows accounts. Windows system stored its account and password information in SAM file by default, this makes it very difficult to scan and edit the SAM file with ordinary methods. So, many of the existing password resetting method using command prompt to remove the SAM file, but these methods always strike user as too complex and there are big risks, too. But SaverWin Free edition could work in Windows PE environment and detect SAM file automatically, then make it empty. That is, the password was reset to blank.
Here in this article the account is verily Windows 8. The SaverWin Free cunningly resets your login password on Windows 8/8.1 without actually re-installing your OS again. As a result, no data is lost during the process.
- In addition to support windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 10, it supports windows server OS such as 2003/ 2012/ 2016 also.
- The bootable optical disk can be handled in two ways- CD/DVD and USB.
- It removes all types of account passwords, namely admin, local user, domain, root account passwords, etc.
- All types of hard disks are supported by this software, such as SATA, RAID< SSD, HDD, etc.
Steps to Use PassFolk SaverWin:
Step 1. Make sure to download SaverWin software to any working computer and install the software properly. Open the tool with admin rights to get all the.
Step 3. Next, insert your empty disk and select “Burn USB” or “Burn CD/DVD” as per the disk inserted to begin the burning process of ISO image files. Click “Ok” after the burning is completed.
Step 4. Remove your bootable disk and plug it again into the locked windows 8 computer and change the boot order in order to boot from USB or DVD/CD. Just press F2, or Del or F8 to enter BIOS STEUP Utility, and set USB or DVD as the first boot order.
Step 5. Once the program file is loaded into the hard drive choose your locked account from the details shown on the main UI and click “Reset Password” and then “Reboot” as your system will take a reboot. But this time there will be no password enquiry at the login screen.
Download it right now!
Method #3: Reset Windows 8/8.1 Password with Microsoft Account
Microsoft account of a user is a centralized account which is prevalently accessible to all the Microsoft services, be it Xbox, Hotmail, Skype, Outlook, etc. Thus one common username and password is set for all the services. So if change the password using any of the services, it will change the password requirement in your login screen as well. And this will be our approach in this section which is detailed below in the following steps:
- Step 1. Go to the following link: https://account.live.com/password/reset
- Step 2. Once the website turns up, click on “I forgot my password” option.
- Step 3. Next enter your Microsoft username and password detailed as asked and hit “Enter”.
- Step 4. Choose the suitable mode to receive your OTP.
- Step 5. Once the OTP is got, input it into its designated area and click “Next”.
- Step 6. Now type in your new password twice and better choose it in such a way that you don’t forget it easily again and click “Next” again to continue.
- Step 7. Reboot your computer, and this time provide the recently created MS password on your login screen and enter your account without any difficulty.
When you are done reading the article completely, you will be surely convinced of the authenticity of the PassFolk SaverWin software, and when you will use the tool in real you will actually get to see the worth of it. Other third party tools and methods as mentioned above are effective too but they are endowed various other demerits as well which makes them a worse choice in case of dire emergencies.
Also read: 3 ways to reset HP laptop login password